Monday, February 11, 2013

Additional fabric possibilities

I went to Hancock and JoAnn's again yesterday. Here are my selections for the top portion of the slide (the side panels will be done in solid black). I've selected the fabrics below because they are a heavier weight fabric which I think will work better than a lighter weight fabric. The fabric will span the top of the slide and be 12 feet 6 inches long and approximately 7 inches wide. I will not be reinstalling the wooden accent piece which, by the way, also has blue on it (two blue metal pieces running through it ~ see picture previously posted).  I'm still amazed at how much blue has been packed into such a relatively small space!!


Selection 1

Selection 2

Selection 3

Selection 4

Selection 5

I'm leaning toward #2 for the top panel of the slide as it is so elegant looking in person and the fabric weight I what I want/need. I'm definitely going to use the green dandelion fabric (see earlier post) as I absolutely love it! I'll make some pillows with it and possible use it to cover the seats on the dining chairs. I'm thinking about using the geometric fabric (also in previous post) with a solid black border for the window coverings in the living/dining room. I'm hoping it won't be too busy of a pattern for the roman shades I'm going to make. The fabric is 54" wide and the largest window is the one by the dining table (58" wide) and the window above the sofa is 54" wide. I don't want a seam in the center of the roman shade so I'll add black fabric (a few inches wide) as a border around the geometric fabric. I hope what I'm envisioning in my mind looks good once complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment