Friday, February 8, 2013

Fabric surrounds around the slide

I finally figured out how to remove the fabric panels on the sides and top of the slide and the wooden accent piece on the top panel (it hurt when it hit me on the top of the head after I pried it off and before it hit the floor!). The side panels will be easy to re-install but the top panel will be a challenge. It appears National (manufacturer) stapled the white membrane to the upper wood area (on the outside) of the slide and then mounted the top fabric piece and screwed in from behind and then they laid the white membrane down over the slide. As you can see from the pictures, the screws are still sticking out and can be removed after I pull the staples, lift the membrane and can get to the screws. I can then re-staple the membrane. I'm not sure how to connect the top fabric panel after I recover it.  Maybe heavy duty/industrial Velcro?  If I had to do it over again, I would not have removed the top fabric panel but would have tucked in the new fabric around the existing fabric. Oh well, too late now.

Before I removed the top and side panels around the slide.


After I removed the top and side panels around the slide.



No comments:

Post a Comment